This will be a short note that I promise to expand upon tomorrow, when we are more rested. However, I wanted to let everyone know that we arrived safely in Chiang Mai.
Have you ever seen something so beautiful that it brought tears to your eyes? This has happened to me a few times while travelling - once in Florence when Jeff and I saw the statue of David (he was magnificent!)...and again tonight. Arriving at our hotel was like entering another world. This hotel is breathtaking. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is here - there are really no words. The architecture, attention to detail, landscaping is undescribable.
MS. HEATHER LUBIN - you are probably not reading this because you are in the Bahamas, but we want to thank you for suggesting that we stay here. You were right - it honestly is the most beautiful hotel we have ever seen, let alone had the pleasure to stay in. From the orchid flower lays (sp?) when we arrived, to the orange spiced tea, the bottle of wine to celebrate our Honeymoon and the upgraded Deluxe Villa Suite, we have felt incredibly welcomed and pampered in our short tenure here. While we have taken a ton of pictures (even though it is night), we still don't think you will grasp the beauty of the Oriental Mandarin in Chiang Mai. We will shoot some video tomorrow of the rice paddies, ornate Thai Gardens, our 2 story villa, pool, etc. so that you can experience this for your own eyes. We wish all of you could come here someday to experience this for yourselves, because it is quite unreal. We are in awe!
While we are sad to be away from you at Christmas, we feel fortunate to be spending it together and in such a beautiful place!
One more quick FYI - we are posting all of our pictures on JeffJenn.com as we go along. Feel free to check them out and remember we are now 13 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.
Good night for now. Jenn & Jeff
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good morning from COLD Wisconsin! The wind is horrid today, bitter cold...so much so that even the horses have taken shelter in the barn!Jorgie loves the wind on his face, go figure. Jacke just shivers out there..she tries to go but gets too cold. The little "accidents" are forgiven...heck, I don't want to be out there either. They are all napping right now, well except Jorgie who likes to rest by the patio door and watch the birds intently.
Chiang Mai sounds incredible...I think we should all take Joseph there someday!! haha :) I heard it was beautiful! I love seeing all the pix on the blog and your website. THANKS for sharing it! I am so happy for both you, having such a beautiful trip together. I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!
Post a Comment