Today we woke up early (7AM Hong Kong time) and started the day with coffee and tea. We decided to take the MKR (the subway) to Lantau Island. We visited the city of Tung Chung where we saw the Tian Tan Buddha, the worlds largest Buddha. He was magnificent!
We walked around both Kowloon and Central, visiting the famous Stanely Street Market. Most of it was just junk, but a neat experience none the less. The shopping here is unreal. You name the brand, they have it. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, ect. The prices are not any cheaper though! Every woman on the street has a name brand purse, its really interesting. 
Tonight we ate dinner Knutsford Terrace. Its a little street in the middle of the alley that you would never notice. Unfortunately, Jeff and I are not the biggest fan of the food here...in fact, won't even touch it! But, the experience is worth so much more than the taste of food!
Tonight we ate dinner Knutsford Terrace. Its a little street in the middle of the alley that you would never notice. Unfortunately, Jeff and I are not the biggest fan of the food here...in fact, won't even touch it! But, the experience is worth so much more than the taste of food!

2 comments:
Hi, there...sounds like you had a great first day! The hotel sounds amazing...and how cool they had welcome fruit, flowers, wine.etc...so special! That Buddha was HUGE! Did you say some prayers there? I don't think Jeff's steak was a cat...maybe in China but I thought HongKong itself was pretty good. Pasta sounds like a good idea though! :) The babies are doing great. Eating and pooping just fine. Jorgie and Claddagh both get so jealous of each other, very demanding. They all 4 barked there heads off at the nasty ol' opossum today. I can't stand that stupid thing but it won't go in the trap I set out. The thing is so slow, they could catch it if they got out there. Anyway, doing well...and missing you both. Have fun...keep sending the pictures, I LOVE this blog idea!! AWESOME!!
FORGOT TO SAY: "I LOVE YOU!" Build memories and be safe...
Post a Comment